I really love this quilt and have been meaning to share it for awhile. The white space just begs for intense quilting. The outside edge feather scroll is the same one I used on The Chicken Egg quilt. It's a long time favorite.
If you feel shy about attempting such dense quilting, be sure to use a batting that is going to shrink a LOT and cover mini-mistakes; something like Mountain Mist Blue Ribbon or Hobbs Organic Cotton, which has a higher loft. As the quilt ages and gets washed, it will get softer and softer just like grandma's.Until then, keep stitchin' . . . .
11 comments:
this is just so amazing, I love this quilt, wow the quilting is awesome.
I use MMist cream rose batting and love it...
will have to try the blue ribbon .
thanks
Kathie
Ohhh this is wonderful. Yummy. I can hear it screaming for me to rest underneath it. Its all that quilting more than anything.
If there was an 'Oscar' for quilts-- you'd get it with this one... simply stunning....I'd like to believe it was the batting that made the difference...but in my heart I know it was the quilter...
Aaaaah, San.....you always bring me back on the right road ! :>)
Sometimes, I spend hours trying to sort out some fabrics for a "spectacular" quilt (not a scrappy one, this time), and I simply forget that 2 color quilts are just sooo elegant !
THANKS for showing, dear ! (Oh, how I'd like following a class with you !)...
Now, one question : (you are so good at colors) if you were to start a sampler quilt, which color scheme would you choose ?
(sorry, if I'm bothering you :>)
((HUGS)) & smiles to you !
NADINE
The quilting is just beautiful. What a gorgeous quilt.
What a lovely quilt. Batting is important but you have to admit that is beautiful quilting. A wonderful job.
WOW! You are a true Picasso in the quilting world. Just happened to stumble onto your blog and I'm just in awe of your work.
Just beautiful....
Regina
http://bitnbyaquiltingbug.blogspot.com/
This quilt is beautiful both the fresh, simple design of the patchwork and the intricacy of the actual quilting. Quilting isn't one of my skills but I can still admire other people's talent. Thanks for you comment on my blog, I'll look for the book you mention, I haven't come across it before.
That quilting is amazing. I love the hearts and the scrolling feathers in the border. You are very talented! Beautiful work.
Wow what a pretty quilt ,blue and whites are my fav. But I had just picked up a quilt magazine the other day on vintage quilts and they had a very simular pattern in bright yellow and orange. Anyhow I was asking hubby if it should be white with blue like yours or green with white. Keep up the lovely eye candy. I'm amazed
I love the crinkly look!
Post a Comment