And as I sewed it together, constantly rearranging that darn orange and switching out the blue for a pink, and the green for a red . . . . . well, as you can see I goofed.
I want you all to have a good chuckle with me and realize that no matter how many years I've been quilting, I still rely on my seam ripper to make things right. Patience and fortitude were served with dinner. And for dessert . . . . . humble pie. 

Until then, keep stitchin' . . . . .
17 comments:
I love it!
...giggling at your story. ;)
I like it - it makes a fun different design. It doesn't have to be humble pie, does it? Could be Creative Cake?
I think you've discovered a new setting for the blocks! Creative Cake sounds like a wonderful name. It looks great to me.
I thought it was nice. It didn't jump out at me until you said 'mistake', then of course i had to look harder.
I had to look for a minute to see it, but it honestly doesn't look like a mistake to me! Just a variation in setting maybe.
I like this scrappy version; at least you found the mistake before quilting it!
why do we always point out our mistakes? I love your quilt the way it is. I need to make another one- #4 in blues.
That is how new patterns are discovered, I wouldn't have noticed until you said....
I like the design with the blocks turned, isn't that just your unique twist on the pattern? Sounds like a creative moment to me!
In my house, it's called "Can't see the forest because of the trees". Been there, dun that!
Have a quilty weekend!
"I still rely on my seam ripper to make things right" - classic!
What is that saying about Amish quilts? Something about making an intentional error in quilts as only God can make perfection...
It looks good, don't worry too much over it.
I really like it. . . .what you see as a "goof" actually, to my way of thinking, gets your eye to go around the quilt more.
Your quilt is beautiful (and you are probably the only one that will think there was a problem).
In peace & pieces
You and Jeanne over at Spiral http://spiralj2.blogspot.com/
could get together and swap stories, same thing happened to her day before yesterday!
Lucky you notice now, this is the kind of thing that jumps out at me after the quilting is done.
I thought it was a new twist on the pattern :) I love your amish quilts. Just beautiful. I also love the nine patch quilt you are making for yourself. Inspiring.
Hi San, you are one speedy sewer! I thought you only asked about that pattern a day or so agao...LOL
And dispite the small hiccup...it's gorgeous! You've done a really nice job with it!!
Isn't it a fun pattern?
Take care, don't sit on that seam ripper! Hugs, Finn
this certainly looks fabulous, and it took me a while to spot the errant block! very colorful, just the way I like it.
Post a Comment