Sunday, January 6, 2008

Bright and cheery

In the past few years, I've developed a keen interest in Mennonite quilts. The colors of red, yellow, and green call my name when I see photos of such quilts from Pennsylvania, where many of my paternal ancestors settled and their descendents still reside.

Perhaps it's because the colors are available once again that I decided to experiment with a simple red and yellow. The pattern is an easy one, although I cannot recall it's name. Can anyone help me with this?

I worked up the 7-1/2" blocks yesterday and finished the top today. I'm enjoying the process of working small once again as I experiment with this unique color arrangement. It certainly brightens up a cloudy winter day.

Until then, keep stitchin' . . . . .

1 comment:

sewprimitive karen said...

These are my absolute favorite quilts and colors, and origin. Your red and yellow quilt looks so authentic. Washington Pavement is one name for the block.