Friday, January 25, 2008

Enchanted

Back on November 7, Finn over at http://finnleah.blogspot.com/ shared with us two 9-patch quilts, under the title of "what is on my bed." Well, I fell in love with it. Granted I give my heart easily, especially when it comes to red.

Waiting in a Ziplock for the right idea to come along were 120 red 9-patches which I had assembled a while back. And sitting under the cutting table, quietly waiting, was the perfect tan. "PERFECT!" (It shouted.) "PICK ME, PICK ME!!!!" (Like a first grader, with it's hand up.) Alas, this is the very reason I chose to wind yardage around empty bolts so when the right idea came along, all I had to do was listen for the shout. True the size of the quilt will be determined by the amount of tan yardage, but that's okay. It's my quilt after all.

And on the "green" front, here is my box of trimmings soon to be donated to a local art teacher. The stack is 16" high and is only a few weeks old. What possibilities it represents to all of those first graders, huh!

Until then, keep stitchin' . . . . .

8 comments:

MARCIE said...

Red and tan--I love it! Aren't you the lucky one having all the right stuff!

sewprimitive karen said...

oh the red and tan looks sooooo good.

Anonymous said...

How lucky that you have a way to use every last piece of fabric, I would find that utterly perfection! Also I like this lay out and I"m not a big red fan.

Anonymous said...

I love the way this is coming together. I am not normally a fan of tan, but this it's fantastic with the red.

YankeeQuilter said...

How great to have a zip lock bag of 9-patches just hanging around!!!

Like the idea on donating the scraps...

Finn said...

Hey San, gee whiz..thanks *VBS* I think we must be 'soul' sisters! I do love red and white together, and strange as it sounds, my quilt was determined by the amount I had of that repro fabic in tan! When I bought it, I had no idea what I would use it for, but occasionally I get 'hit' by inspiration...LOL
Love your descripion of your inspiration...LOL
I must have missed something on the 'green' front? What will the kids be doing with the trimmings? Big hugs, Finn

Jeanne said...

Love those nine patches and the fabric for the alternating squares is perfect. Your strippy quilt is so fun and happy looking. Great finish.

Mary Johnson said...

I have 3 quilts on my bed right now and two of them are red/beige. I love that combination and 9 patch quilts too.

The strings look wonderful too.