Sunday, July 13, 2014

Will someone please adjust the thermostat?

With a high of 90 today and a humidity level at 3 million percent, it's officially summer in my neck of the woods.

Today the house was cleaned up, the bunny cages were cleaned out, and as the heat index rose, I sequestered myself in the A/C room.

There, I starched and cut and trimmed and stacked.  My hand-dyed fabrics are going to add a lovely dimension to this project.  Bali prints would work beautifully also.

Inspiration came from a quilt store catalog dated 2011.  When I came across it yesterday, I knew it was time to switch projects.  As you can see, Fall is on my mind.

I'll need a total of 108 9-patch blocks, but I'm going to assemble them in a non-traditional matter.  

Will post pictures of that process as soon as possible.  If you'd like to join in, you'll need a range of browns, red browns, gold, orange, green, and black for framing.  (I'm using 2" squares, but 2-1/2" would work just as well.)

Until then, keep stitchin' . . .

1 comment:

antique quilter said...

looking forward to seeing this one! I love nine patches
and solids and I are starting to become friends!
Kathie