Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Epiphany and a turkey!

"It's a woman's prerogative to change her mind" . . . again and again and again if need be.

Yesterday, I had a light bulb moment . . . .

Instead of quilting this with straight lines, why not use wavy lines on a slight diagonal.   Something to add interest, but not distract.

The backing is all ready so I hope to work on this soonest.

Here's the turkey, slowly foraging through my front yard yesterday.  I'm not sure how many youngin's she had with her.  Can you see the one far to the left, between the fence post and the tree?

It's nice to live in such a quiet corner that turkeys can roam freely.

Stay cool everyone, we may reach 90 today.

Until then, keep stitchin' . . .

3 comments:

Lou said...

I live in a place where turkeys roam freely every day, just not the kind you posted!

antique quilter said...

we have wild turkeys here, its fun to see them with their young ones except when they are holding up traffic and i am in a hurry! LOL
but truly love that I can experience nature like this even though I live in the suburbs!
Kathie

Purple Pam said...

I really like your quilt. Did you catch that turkey?