It's been ages since I've had time to sort through solids. This stack will be starched and trimmed into strips as time permits.
Here's the inspiration for my Fall quilt. They used plaids.
I'm using hand-dyed and solid fabrics. Fall-colored and "inside" black squares are cut at 2". However, you could use 2-1/2" squares to make a slightly bigger quilt.
The side black pieces are cut 2 x 2-1/2". Sorting through bins, I pulled out 2-1/2 strips that got starched and trimmed a tiny bit. They're not perfect, as they shrunk some, but are good for this block.
The odd size is to allow easier trimming of the block once assembled.
Dolly is not happy it's still raining. I'm hearing lots of complaining from the peanut gallery.
She really wants to go for a truck ride and doesn't want me sewing any more.
I believe it's time for a chew bone from the emergency provisions bag.
Until then, keep stitchin' . . .





1 comment:
The colors in the first picture are gorgeous! Nice eye candy...
Post a Comment