Sunday, April 25, 2010

Didn't I read somewhere . . . .

That the life span of a quilter is in direct proportion to the number of projects in the works?
If that's true, I will be inviting many of you to my 200th birthday.

(Yes, this is the baggie brigade . . . and indeed, I still refuse to count them. Notice the 2 yard sticks on the left.)


The good news is my shelves are now sanded, painted, and stacked. The cutting table is also in place. All that's left is to paint the bookcases that hold up my sewing table . . . oh yeah, and find a place to hide all of these baggies.
Until then, keep stitchin' . . .




14 comments:

Melanie said...

Things are really coming togetehr in the design studio. What progress.

Lori said...

LOL! You are not alone. I refuse to count my baggies.

I am showing this pic to hubby! He can build me one....he just doesn't know it yet. He needs a good summer project.

Anonymous said...

Oh my...you best quilt in your sleep too!! Hee!!

scraphappy said...

Wow, it must be nice to know that you will live forever! And better yet to know that you won't be bored for a long time. Good luck with the baggies, either finishing them or hiding them :)

Joan said...

Looking GREAT! You can come to my 200th birthday too :)

Susan said...

And I thought I had a lot of UFO's and WIP's!

Anonymous said...

Lookin' good, Sandy.

Carol said...

You if we quilters stopped using baggies and ziplocs those companies would probably go right out of business. LOL! Your studio is sure coming along.

Leeanne said...

200th birthday....no problem! It might pay NOT to count those projects.You have them all nicely organized, don't you just drool when you look at your fabric's and projects all organized like that? It is some how more pleasing to the eye.I really like the house quilt you made, very nice.

Elaine Adair said...

OMGosh!

You sure don't have to wonder how you'll entertain yourself if you have a "rainy day"!

Anonymous said...

Now I know what "Baggie Brigade" means.....and you are not alone. :(

Chookyblue...... said...

OMG you sure do have some projects in the works..........I feel good now cause I don't think I have quite that many but them I am not game enough to have them all in one pile and "really" see how many I have........

Quilts And Pieces said...

I like the name baggie brigade! It looks wonderful! You'll be sewing up a storm soon!

Cheryl Willis said...

I have a tote dedicated to projects that I just don't see myself finishing, I re-gift them. funny thing is sometimes when I dig through looking for a gift I end up pulling out a forgotten TO-DO and put it back on my shelf. cw