Thursday, April 29, 2010

Red is a neutral . . . Right?


Years ago, I sold a quilt and used the funds to buy stained glass windows at an antique store in Georgia.

My father re-framed them in clear cedar and I finally put them up in their forever home. I love sunlight reflected through color, don't you!

Until then, keep stitchin' . . .


15 comments:

Carol said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!

Lori said...

Gorgeous!

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh those are wonderful! I love the design, fun but not to foo foo.

Paula, the quilter said...

I have several in my home too. Your windows are lovely, btw.

Elaine Adair said...

Yes, beauties indeed!

Anonymous said...

Looks Gorgeous, Sandy. Will have to come visit. Did you get these on our trip to the antique store in Stockbridge? maw

Lou said...

I love them. They look great.

YankeeQuilter said...

Those are beautiful windows and look perfect in your forever home!

Joan said...

They look wonderful in their new home. great designs..

Susan Tidwell said...

love your new curtains!

Cheryl Willis said...

The windows looks great. I wanted to thank you for the doll pattern, I am going to get her finished and gifted by the end of May (my goal) I am sure that I will use the pattern for many more lovely keepsakes. The fabrics you encluded are motivation for me to stay on task. (How can I not finish, it is part way done for me) Thanks again. cw

Pam said...

They are beautiful. What a perfect spot for them, and it will be such a nice memory of your father as well every time you look at them.

*karendianne. said...

Wow! those are so pretty and what a neat story to go along with them. Delightful, friend. :)

Floss said...

Stain glass, like art, doesn't have to match. They are beautiful and work great in this space.

Purple Pam said...

Your windows are beautiful. And yes, red is a neutral according to Freddy Moran.