The QUILT SEED STARTER PACK includes 42 hourglass blocks that measure 5-3/4" each. That's a nice size block to speed things along.
The blue setting strip is 2" wide cut and the pale yellow setting strip is 4" wide cut. You'll want to use the lengthwise grain and starch heavily for ease of assembly.
If you'd like to participate in creating a quilt top for Quilts of Valor, win the 42 blocks, live in the lower 48, and know you can finish it in the next 12 months, please leave a comment. The top can be donated to Alycia or your favorite QOV center.
To learn more about QOV, just visit: http://www.qovf.org/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=149
If you want to see other super simple quilts that were recently finished, just pop on over to Mary's page and scroll back a bit.
The contest ends next Thursday, April 15th at midnight. I'll pick a winner on Friday.
Good luck and until then, keep stitchin' . . .
(And yes, the original quilt was made for a veteran, my father.)
3 comments:
Your quilt is beautiful! How fun for somebody to win the blocks...I've donated a few QOV in the past and quilt one every now and then for others. Wonderful program!
How Fun! I would LOVE to win. I just requested a destination for the quilt, I am blogging about today. Now,I know where it is going, I need to finish my "quilt Diary."
I love to have your quilt "kit" .. I am a QOV'er, since 2007. We are working with our local Guild, getting a QOV group started here in Lincoln. Have a Community Outreach sew-in April 24 at the IQCS, featuring QOV. Love reading your blog and seeing pictures of your new home!
Post a Comment