Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Just a note . . .

and a thank you to all who have stopped by. Dad passed away peacefully on Sunday afternoon. Continued prayers appreciated as I have to attend the viewing tonight and funeral tomorrow and clean out the house with siblings. No doubt recovery of each will require much fabric therapy.

In stitches . . .

34 comments:

~Niki~ said...

sending up Hugs and prayers for you.

YankeeQuilter said...

You and yours are in my prayers.

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. You and your family have been and will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers. Fabric therapy is a great healing tool.
Regina

Anonymous said...

Hugs.

I'm glad his passing was peaceful

Thinking of you at this hard time

pwl said...

*Hugs*

Carol said...

Oh San...I'm sending huge hugs and tons and tons of good thoughts. You take care.

Joyce said...

So sorry to hear of your loss. I went through the same thing last year so I know how you feel. The only consolation is that he didn't go through a long painful illness.

Stephanie D said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. Wish we could all go peacefully, with those we love around us. I'm sure you were a blessing to him.

Tracey in CT said...

So sorry...my thought and prayers are with you and your family.

Annie said...

Please accept my condolences on the death of your dad.

Annie

Pat said...

You and your family will remain in my thoughts and prayers at this very difficult time. I am sorry for your loss.

Paula said...

I'm so sorry to hear of the loss of your dad. You have fond memories and they will carry you through.

Carolyn said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. My prayers are going out to you in this difficult time.

~Joan said...

You are in my prayers.

~Joan

antique quilter said...

so sorry to hear this.
my thoughts are with you.
Kathie

Anonymous said...

Your dad is finally at peace....I'm sure you have many fond memories. I know all too well what you have gone through. Have a safe trip back here when the time comes.

jroen5472 said...

I am so sorry for your loss. I know how sad this time can be but always remember the good times you had with your Dad and it will help ease some of the pain. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Chookyblue...... said...

thinking of you at this time.........please take care........

Susan Tidwell said...

A lot of trying things to go through, hang in there, thinking of you.

Caron at Michigan Quilts said...

So sorry to hear of your father's passing, but glad it was peaceful. It's so difficult losing a parent. My love and prayers go out to you. Hang in there!

Anonymous said...

God Bless you and your family.

Mary Johnson said...

San, I'm so sorry to read that your dad passed away but I'm glad it was peaceful. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Michele Bilyeu said...

Sending heartfelt thoughts and best wishes. I am truly sorry for your loss. This will be a process and a journey of learning to let go step by step and bit by bit. May this journey be as gentle as it can be on you and the rest of your family.Michele in Salem, OR

Jeanne said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. May you feel God's arms around as you grieve.

Robin C said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your father. I've lost both parents and understand the overwhelming sense of loss and feeling of what to do next. May you be blessed with peace during this time and may your precious memories bring you comfort.


Robin in VA

Anonymous said...

I was so sorry to read about your Dad's death. Our thoughts are with you at this sad time.
tich (Orkney)

Anonymous said...

Dear San, I'm so sorry for your father, and my thoughts are with you and your family in these difficult moments.
I'm sure that he now rests in peace. I know these are poor consolation words, but I'm sending them to you very heartfully, together with prayers.
With a big, friendly (((HUG))) to you, dear
XOXOXOXOXOXOXOOXO
NADINE

Purple Pam said...

Sad to hear the news of your dad. My thoughts and prayers go out to you. Take care of yourself during this emotional time, please.

merrily row said...

I am so sorry for your loss. My grandmother told me when I was a very young girl when her mother died, "You are never too old to be an orphan." We all have that orphan moment at the loss of a parent. May you have wonderful memories to console you and your family.

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

I just wanted to let you know I'm thinking of you during this difficult time. You've been on my mind a lot the last few days. I hope things are going as well as can be expected.
Regina

Idaho Quilter said...

I never know what to say when someone looses a loved one. I have been thinking of you, I lost my father 15 years ago and he is still missed.

Floss said...

Please accept my deepest sympathy. I know from when my father passed what a difficult time this can be. My prayers are with you.

Anonymous said...

My dear,
I'm so sad for you and for your familly. I lost my husband last year and I tell my son his father is become a star in the sky. Your father also became a wonderful star in tne sky...
Sorry my english is very bad!
I keep you and your familly in my mind.
Sylvie from Paris (France)

Pamela Kieffer said...

Sorry to hear about your Dad's passing. Sending courage to you, it will be a sad time when you are clearing out his things. Pam