Friday, January 2, 2009

Pinning in the New Year

I finally started to feel about 92% better by New Year's eve. (Thank goodness for antibiotics.)

In a stack in the the living sat 5 smaller quilt tops waiting their turn for pinning. This is #3. I've been building this quilt in the back of my mind for 18 years. It's nice to finally see it coming to completion. And even though the dishes need doing, the floor needs mopping, and the vacuum needs to be run, I've decided to finish pinning. Some things just have to be put on hold for such historic events as an 18-year goal. Well anyway, . . . that's my story and I'm stickin' to it!

Until then, keep stitchin' . . .

8 comments:

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh it is wonderful! I can see why would would have it in your mind!

Floss said...

House work can always wait. The quilt is looking goods.

Pam said...

I am glad to hear you are feeling better. I was starting to wonder how you were getting along.

Happy New Year!!

Tonya Ricucci said...

so glad you're working on this quilt - it's a beauty.

antique quilter said...

beautiful, can't wait to see how you quilt this one
18 years thats amazing!!!!
Kathie

YankeeQuilter said...

OK you win...mine is only 13 years old! Glad to hear you are feeling better. Don't overdo it...I hear housework can cause a relapse.

Brenda said...

Housework can always wait until later when working on a quilt! I like the way you used the dark fabric to seperate the brights, it really adds interest and extra beauty to this wonderful quilt.

Purple Pam said...

Glad you are feeling better. I agree with Sio, housework can cause a relapse! I know! Going back to work can cause a relapse as well! I like the bright colors in your quilt. Isn't it wonderful to get those UFOs conquered?