Tuesday, August 27, 2013

The first border is on.

You may recall I found this pattern idea over on Marci's Pinterest site.

Using 2" squares I assembled 2 - 4 patches, and a center section of 2 rows of 6 across.

Four muslin squares measuring 3-1/2" were assigned to each corner.  The block was then trimmed and turned on point.

Of note, I sew 2" squares together using a standard to slightly chubby 1/4" seam.  I then cut my muslin squares slightly larger than the 4 patch for trimming purposes.  Adjust the size of your muslin square to the size of your 4-patches and cut them 1/2" larger allowing for easier trimming of the finished block.

The setting (or side) triangles consist of 3 - 15-1/2" muslin squares which were cut diagonally, corner to corner on each side creating 4 triangles, i.e. you'll need 10 triangles total.  The corner units are made up of 2 - (I think it was 10" squares cut in half diagonally).  Please double check that for me if you make this.

The first border is all 2" squares.  The second border will be muslin, and the third border I'm still thinking about.  You could very easily do a piano key border on this as well.
This is Socks, she has one white foot.  And is now happily residing in Ellijay, Georgia with 4 of her litter mates.

Lawsy me, I'm down to 13 bunnies - AGAIN!  The new batch will be ready in 6 weeks if you're interested in adopting.  Their eyes are starting to open today.

Until then, keep stitchin' . . .

2 comments:

Carol said...

Love your new quilt...so, so cute! Socks is precious!

Paula, the quilter said...

Hey, thanks for the measurements. This is a very cute quilt and I've put it on my to-do list.