I can tell, as this is one of Dolly's favorite resting spots.
There's no sewing going on right now. This is the week to clean the freezers and fridge. It's time to take stock and prepare for winter soup making.
Do you save your chicken bones? I do. They go in the freezer until I have a batch. Then I get out the big soup pot and cook them all at once. The broth then goes in the crock pot to cook down for soup base.
Soon I'll take a trip to the local Mennonite Market and stock up on end of season veggies. I like to chop/dice and vacuum seal them up in portions for the soup pot.
We're looking forward to first frost Dolly and I. She, because her long fur is coming in, and me because I get to make that first big pot of soup and share it with friends.
Until then, keep stitchin' . . .
No comments:
Post a Comment