Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Calling in Spring

Some countries have their own ritual for calling in the change of seasons. As yesterday's snow quickly melted and soft buds of green from the honeysuckle began to unfold, I contemplated the best recipe to entice warmer temperatures.


My answer to the conundrum was to choose soft pastels and orange brights for my next phase of trim work. Of course, I could put pink curlers in my hair, step into my bunny slippers, and dance a jig under the full moon while listening to Tommy Dorsey, but I'd probably trip over a honeysuckle vine and crush all of those new leaves. . . . yes, playing with soft colors is much safer.

Until then, keep stitchin' . . .

8 comments:

Pam said...

I love the pile of fabric. But I am trying to picture what you might look like in Bunny slippers and pink curlers -LOL

Happy Spring!!!!

YankeeQuilter said...

And here I was thinking I was the only one to dance around in my bunny slippers to welcome spring!

pwl said...

That's a lovely image - except for one tiny part. I'm not sure Tommy Dorsey actually played jigs. ;-)

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

Can you get that on video? I'd love to see it! I'd do it with you if we lived closer to each other.....we could be the YaYa Sisters!

Carol said...

I'm thinking that pretty pile of fabrics will welcome spring very nicely! Although your bunny slippers would be mighty cute!

Pat said...

Love it!!!

Dorothy said...

That's a beautiful site, lovely fabrics hanging on the line blowing in the breeze! That's what mine looks like after my annual trip to Lancaster, Pa. lol

Finn said...

Hi San, Happy Easter to you and Bonnie *VBS*
The colors look lovely, and certainly like springtime to me. That stack of fabric also looks like you are going to be a serious "cutup" for Act 2..LOL
The dance would be lovely I'm sure, but safety is a better idea. Enjoy the new project. Hugs, Finn