Saturday, October 18, 2008

Plaid Paws

Opening bin #3 unearthed 19 plaid paw blocks. Each contains 129 pieces. This was begun about 12 years ago. Obviously I had more energy then. And more time. The blocks measure 16-1/2 inches.


Luckily, somewhere there are more tiny triangle units as I need to make one more block. Let's hope I can remember how these went together. My brain is tired just thinking about it. I'll let you know when it's finished.

Until then, keep stitchin' . . .

11 comments:

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

Those are excellent blocks! What a beauty this will be when finished! Nice find or should I say recovery.....
Regina

Jeanne said...

What a great discovery in Bin #3! I love plaid quilts. This one is timeless.

Melanie said...

I'm completely jealous of your blocks.....3rd row middle is my favorite....

sewprimitive karen said...

Oh, those are just beautiful!

Carol said...

What a treasure you unearthed...it's going to be wonderful!

Paula said...

Can I come play in your bins?? Love those blocks...so nice. I can't believe they are 12 years old!

dot said...

Oh, these are very nice. I really like the look. I like the quilt on the previous post also.

Brenda said...

What a wonderful treasure to find. They are beautiful, have fun putting them all together.

Mary Johnson said...

That's the problem for me when I put things away for a while is figuring out where I left off! I'm getting pretty good about making sure everything gets to the finish top stage before setting it aside but I still have some older UFO's in pieces.

Elaine Adair said...

These are even better with a little age on them! What great blocks - it will be beautiful when finished! Keep a'goin' !!

Anonymous said...

You've found a great treasure in Bin #3. I love bears paw blocks and these are stunning.