Monday, October 13, 2008

Buyers beware

Do you remember back in June when I began talking about food supplies? What prompted me to reassess cabinet space and focus on stocking up was an article I read which stated that this year food prices climbed 5% and by next year, it would be 9.2%.

A new article has just come out which quotes that food prices will rise an ADDITIONAL 5.5% this year. So may I suggest that when you have time stop in at Rhonda's blog for ideas on simple living. You can also visit CouponMom for printable coupons, free samples, and information on saving.

There are also books on preparedness, home canning, budget meals, meatless meals, etc., which you can borrow through your interlibrary loan system. I'll post some titles of my books later on. Meanwhile, if you can recommend any good books or web sites to help with today's economy, please leave a comment. Knowledge is power and I firmly believe that we can and should prepare for the rough seas ahead.

Until then, keep stitchin' . . .

(photo borrowed from International Quilt Study Center)

2 comments:

em's scrapbag said...

http://providentliving.org/ this website has tons of great ideas. I also try to stock up when things are on sale so I don't have to buy them when they are not.

Susan Tidwell said...

Love these little baskets! What size is this quilt I wonder? Thanks for reminding me to stock up!