Saturday, October 4, 2008

Out with the old . . .


Up with the new.



And I'm still trying to decide what else the mantle needs. I did visit a local store this morning and looked at some lovely fall garlands. (But they were $20.00 and that's a bit extravagant I think.) Hmmm . . . maybe some pinecones. I'll have to go squirreling around soon.

Some of my former students will recognize the top picture. If you have Harriet Hargrave's older book, you'll see it in there too. It's almost 20 years old now and I'm still amazed I designed it all in my head without having any real idea as to how I was going to put it all together. Out of all of my quilts, it's the one I'm most proud of. It shows what you can do with just a concept.

Until then, keep stitchin' . . .

7 comments:

Elaine Adair said...

What if you put 'something' IN the door panels, to take away the large space?

dot said...

I like the quilt. It looks so much like fall. I agree with Elaine, the door needs some sort of decoration to make it look more full and not so open.

sewprimitive karen said...

OH! The top quilt is so wonderful. That design is on my long list of To Dos. I used to see antique quilts in this pattern rather often when I could antique in the midwest.

sewprimitive karen said...

As Elaine said, do you have three little figures like angels or witches that you could hang from the three center panels?

Anonymous said...

Sweet Quilts....your old is new to me!

Brenda said...

Both quilts are beautiful. You are really getting into the spirit of the season. Have fun.

Pam said...

Quite the fun website -- thanks for the link. I love the look of a house all decorated up in fall colours with the little pumpkins and gourds etc. I never do that though - I think I need Martha to come by and straighten the place out for me -lol