Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Quilt in a day . . .

. . . well, almost.

I decided on Sunday to do a very fast baby quilt for a very special little one. Sooo, I pulled out a baggie, changed my mind, found another baggie with a few more pieces, added to that, pulled out some blue fabric, changed my mind, opened a box of pre-cut 4" squares and WALLAH. It was not until after I got it up on the design wall that I realized I had made yet another Kitchen Sink!

Hah, that's okay, I think it's grand and a lovely celebration of spring.


Now Nancy is having a contest. She wants us to share a picture of our favorite thimble on our blog in order to enter. Well Nancy, all of my thimbles are packed up and living in another state right now, so I thought I'd share some of my antique pincushions given to me by a very dear friend. Aren't they wonderful?

The day is fading away and I've yet to get any sewing done. Oh my, "I'm melting, I'm melting." No wait, wrong movie.

Until then, keep stitchin' . . .

10 comments:

Purple Pam said...

Your baby quilt is darling. I am making one now also. I like your design better. And your pincushions are great. Do you not use a thimble to sew?

Pam said...

But it is such a wonderful kitchen sink!! I love the yellow in it - very "spring" and cheery. It is a very happy baby quilt :)))

Susan Tidwell said...

I still remember a post of yours about how you cut up fabric into squares and stored them away for later... a great idea.

You amaze me that you can accomplish so much in one day!

Love the quilt, thanks for sharing and for the inspiration.

Finn said...

It's a lovely, lovely baby quilt San! And I'll echo Susan, it's amazing how much you get done so quickly.
It may look like a cousin of the Kitchen sink, but I'll never tell *VBS* Hugs, Finn

sewprimitive karen said...

What a pretty baby quilt and one that will get used and used.

Knot Garden said...

That's a beautiful version of the Kitchen Sink, so sunny and happy looking. Your antique pincushions are wonderful.

*karendianne. said...

Yeah, its perfect!!!!!!!!!!!

Idaho Quilter said...

Your kitchen sinks are always a treat, I am still working on my first one, among other things.

Tracy said...

Hi there :)

I just wanted to pop by and thank you for leaving a comment on my blog and wishing me a fantastic camp with my daughters. We had a fantastic time.

I'm really enjoying my little meander about your blog...what beautiful quilts you make. I love this baby quilt that you've posted a picture of. Absolutely lovely.

Kim said...

Very cute San. I'm still working on one -You've been very busy :)