Saturday, April 12, 2008

Quilts on a windy day . . .

The first of the QOV tops is assembled. Very patriotic don't you think!

Do you remember my plans for the 9-patch like Finn's? It's finally done. I like it so much, after it's quilted I'll add hanging tabs and use it as a shower curtain in the guest bath. Of course I'll have to remove it when company actually uses the tub. I found the idea in a Thimbleberries book and was also inspired by Karen's newly decorated country red bathroom, which she showed back in November.

Until then, keep stitchin' . . .

10 comments:

Kim said...

your quilt a thon looked like so much fun :)
and I love both quilts but especially the second one.
I might have to "borrow" the layout in the future....I'll add it to my never ending list.

Nice to see you post :)

MommaD said...

Your quilts look great! I love the idea of using a quilt top as a shower curtain, but why remove it for company? Can you place a shower curtain liner behind the quilt? It's so pretty, I'd be showing it off! :)

Donna

Finn said...

Hi San, the quilts look wonderful! The QOV string quilts turned out very well, love the navy lattice.
And you red and brown is delightful. Good use for it also *VBS* Hugs, Finn

Carolyn said...

Oh my, that nine patch is incredible! Just gorgeous...

Pam said...

Both quilts are great!! I love the yellow in the first quilt. And the nine patch quilt is just lovely!! It is amazing to me how something so simple can be so stunning. It will make a great shower curtain :))

Knot Garden said...

They are both amazing. The nine patch will be beautiful as a shower curtain. A great alternative use for a quilt.

Floss said...

Love the nine patch quilt, what a great idea, I may have to do that in my guess bathroom.

Anonymous said...

I like the nine-patch and also the idea of using it as a shower curtain

Fabricmom said...

Love the QOV and nine patch. What a neat idea. I would of never thought of using one as a shower curtain.

Chookyblue...... said...

great quilts.......it is amazing what can be achieved when a group sew together (string quilt)..the shower curtain idea is great....