Sunday, April 27, 2008

Crockpot versus Kitchen Aid

Oh yeah, and a recipe . . .

I just had to chuckle over Nadine's comment about being a crockpot quilter. If she can be the crockpot quilter, then I want to be the Kitchen Aid Mixer complete with dough hook. After all, I'm made up of variable speeds. Why the dough hook? Well that's for those really rough days when I'm pulling fabric from every bin and still cannot find what I need. Trudging through all of those colors can be a real chore, especially when you cannot see the floor!

Knowing I'd be too busy today to cook, I placed chicken pieces to thaw in the fridge last night. This afternoon I placed the rinsed chicken, 3 chopped peppers, 1 chopped onion, 4 oz can of mushrooms, 2 cans of diced tomatoes, 6 oz of tomato paste and 1 packet of McCormick Italian Herb Chicken seasoning mix in the crockpot. In 4 hours I'll have a hot and hearty meal to pour over angel hair pasta. Meanwhile, it's back to quilting. There's a lot to do today.

Until then, keep stitchin' . . .

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL LOL

I guess as crockpots make hearty meals, then crockpot quilters must make heartful quilts ? :>)

Yes, I can imagine you as a kitchen aid mixer : so helpful, safe and handy, with a variable speed setting, and mine has even got a "turbo" button, for emergencies ! LOL

THANKS for your kind comment on my blog, and for these funny post + yummy recipe (will have a try soon :>)

XOXOXOXOXO
NADINE

sewprimitive karen said...

Oh my that sounds good!!

Pam said...

I think I must be like Nadine - a bit of a crockpot quilter. I guess that is better than being a crackpot -LOL Hmmm-- that wasn't very good, maybe I should be heading to bed -LOL

You dinner sounds very tasty tonight. I loved the old fashioned chicken cattitore my mum would make. Your recipe sounds very similar.

Dana and Daisy said...

that sounds delish! thanks!

Patty said...

that sounds so yummy, copied that down for a busy sewing day : )

*karendianne. said...

Forgot to leave a note yesterday. Loved this post. Made me hungry!

Anonymous said...

Your post made me smile this morning! I also enjoyed looking at your older posts. You have some awesome quilts!