Sunday, July 19, 2015

It's turtle time.

 The assembly process is very slow going.
Mainly because I've decided to work from the center out, creating units as I go along.  None of which are the same size.  They will of course be the same width or the same length as the previous section.

I have managed to make a lot more blocks this weekend, still barely making a dent in the string bin.

In case you've forgotten, Connecting Threads is having their once a year thread sale.  Hurry up and order now, so you can get back to sewing.
My local library holds a craft sale to sponsor the spelling bee program.  A quilting friend moved, donating 30 boxes of fabric to the sale.

At $1.00 per yard, I decided to support the program and collect some brights.  Everything is now washed, dried until damp, had the ends torn to get straight of grain, and finally I'm getting it ironed.  There's a lot of very old fabric here, but nothing that won't work well for the new quilt.

 Quilter's can always use scraps right?

Until then, keep stitchin'  . . . .

2 comments:

Susan Tidwell said...

$1 a yard - awesome! quilt is looking good!

Purple Pam said...

I love to watch other quilters in their creative processes. Your blocks look great so far.