Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Diving in.

Inspiration comes in all forms, but thank goodness for fellow bloggers who are so colorfully creative, it makes our hearts sing.

AmandaJean of Crazy Mom Quilts fame created a delightful scrap challenge entitled Vortex.  An apt name to be sure.  I simply had to jump in on the fun.
 My scrap bin encompasses 25 years and includes not only end pieces from cutting 2", 2-1/2", 3" strips, but also leftover units sewn together.
One challenge I'm facing is being sure to include enough lights. 
 So I'm making a conscious effort to find and incorporate large chunks of whites, lights and pastels.
 No piece is too small; however, larger pieces are needed to give the eye a place to rest.
Thank you AmandaJean for such a wonderful idea.

Until then, keep stitchin' . . .

1 comment:

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Oh I am proud of you - I have been watching the progress - and really think this would make such a fun project. I am inspired by yours!!!