Tuesday, July 14, 2015
The final Boring Tuesday Farm Report
We're calling it caputs. Or is it caput?
Something is eating the leaves of the pumpkin plants and there are very few blossoms. I'll continue to let the pumpkins invade the south 40.
The cantaloupe have blossoms, but no fruit is setting.
The tomatoes and peppers are a lost cause.
And the potatoes seem to be thriving. We'll have a final verdict in the Fall when I dig them up.
Right now all that can be done is wait for cooler weather to hire someone to till in order to plant a cover crop.
Dolly and I wanted to thank you all for hanging in there with us on yet another experiment in futility.
We'll return now to our regularly scheduled program.
Until then, keep stitchin' . . .
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
If it makes you feel any better we didn't have much of a garden this year either. The tomatoes have just about stopped bearing already and we have to fight the squirrels for the ones we do have. Only the peppers have done well.
Post a Comment