A gallon-size baggie, set aside in 2003, held 24 blocks trimmed to 10-1/2".
Each star is made from 12, 4" muslin squares and 8, 2-1/2" print squares. Eight of the print squares are folded on the diagonal, pressed and sewn to 2 muslin corners using the "snowball block" method. The center 4-patch is trimmed to 4". The "snowball" squares are also trimmed to 4". One muslin square goes on each side of a "snowball" square, and the remaining 2 "snowball" squares go on each side of the 4-patch.
Having the muslin well starched helps immensely.
On Friday, I made 8 more blocks and began the sashing units.
All blocks were trimmed down to 9-1/2" in order for 6, 2" squares to fit snugly along each edge. I'm able to do this quickly since I have bins full of pre-assembled sections of 2" squares for various projects.
The final diagonal assembly process is different for this quilt, as each corner block will go on as part of the last step. It took me awhile and a bit of seam ripper usage to figure that out.
I'll start putting the inset muslin triangles on tonight. We've had so much rain this weekend, staying inside to sew is the smartest option.
Dolly asked me to leave you with some cooling thoughts.
Until then, keep stitchin' . . .


1 comment:
San, this is gorgeous, gorgeous. My colors all the way. Stay dry. Maw
Post a Comment