Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Decisions, decisions . . .

I love the farmer's market series and Mary Jo's had a great selection. Some folks use them in I-Spy quilts, but I just cut them into 2" squares and enjoy the splash of color.

The new Betsy Ross collection is wonderful. Perfect for blendable backgrounds.

A few more blenders and yes, indeed, I found curtain fabric. The lovely gold with just a touch of red will bring out all the wood tones of my molding, floors, and ceiling. It's a very rich looking fabric too.
The selection of 1930's prints was stupendous. These lovelies are for a springtime quilt.

and last but not least, a few solids for a couple of different projects. A word of caution though, Kona's are not what they used to be. I was disappointed in the weight of some greige goods. However, I did find solids of wonderful quality on the opposite side of the aisle. Be sure to look through the whole collection before deciding which to buy.
If you're using your Tom-Tom or Garmin to direct you, program in Harris Teeter. For some reason, Mary Jo's would not show up and Harris Teeter is in the front of the new complex.
Until then, keep stitchin' . . .

4 comments:

Elaine Adair said...

Whew - I'm impressed! Lotsa good stuff!!!

Floss said...

Great fabric selection, I can see these being used in a load of different projects. Of course, if your like me, they will just have to be admired for a bit first.

Anonymous said...

Looks like a fun shopping trip.

I have been collecting the Farmer's Market fabrics to use in a quilt for a few years. I have one quilt in mind for sure but have enough fabric for more than one quilt. I am sure the left overs will end up in my scrappy quilts.

Lori said...

I am Drooling over those 30's!!!