Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Mahhhh, my room's clean . . . can I have a cookie now?

Much better don't you think. And I barely had to move any stuff to the other side, away from the camera.
Now here's the summertime challenge. One red box holds starched fabric sections ready for trimming, one red box holds unstarched fabric sections, as does one smaller box and a short stack of "extras that wouldn't fit." (The lids hold cut strips.)

And here we have one of the last boxes to go through. I'll be tearing a 7" - 12" section off of various pieces in preparation for starching and trimming. The remainder gets refolding and I tidy up the box.

I try to do this at least once a year. This prevents fade lines along the fold, reminds me of what I have, and adds new life to my fabric strips and squares. This is when the light bulbs really start to go off as colors, pieces, and parcels get shuffled about.

However, nowhere in all of these bins did I find my box of time. Hmmm, wonder if the elves took it?

Until then, keep stitchin' . . .

7 comments:

Karen said...

I was wodnering what you do with the starched strips.
And when you find that box of time, please let me know. Do you suppose there is an online shop that sells them? LOL!

YankeeQuilter said...

Wow it looks great...that is a two cookie and big glass of milk job!

Anonymous said...

Now that is a stash!!!

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

I'd say that deserves more than a cookie. Looks great. I need to be doing the same thing in my sewing room soon. It does get the creative juices flowing to play with the fabric, don't you think?

Pam said...

You certainly do deserve a cookie - or two!! You have been busy.

Look at that - whole bolts of fabric - how great is that!! Hmmmm - like I need bolts of fabric -LOL

Have a great week quilting!

Carol said...

You can have the whole jar of cookies! Great job.

Jackie's Stitches said...

What a fantastically large space you have to create in! WOW! Congratulations on the organization!