Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Kitchen Sink #3

Here's just a snippet of some really odd stuff.

This wonderful flannel backing I found at Susan's shop for only $2.00 a yard.

Notice I got even more adventuresome and used up various green plaids on the border. I'm not sure if I like that effect since the middle is so chaotic. I hope this inspires you to delve in to your stash and play with every lil' piece!

Until then, keep stitchin' . . .

9 comments:

Finn said...

Hi San, it looks lovely and ever so snuggly! I love the whimsey of the backing flannel...kind of a "Hey Diddle Diddle..." affect *VBS*
I don't find distracting at all on the front. Just looks like a great quilt to snuggle under! Big hugs, Finn

Anonymous said...

wonderful quilt !

Susan Tidwell said...

Love this design! How do you have the time? Do you do your own quilting? Is it machine quilted? Great flannel for the back, and great price! Have a great day.

Floss said...

I think the boarder works; it seems to frame the quilt. I also love the spot where you take photos of you quilts.

Knot Garden said...

That backing looks like a Debbie Mumm print. I think the green plaid border works very well. It makes a frame for the quilt but is interesting in its own right.

Kim said...

how pretty is that??? I'm getting ready to load the first of 7 Girl Scout quilt tops -lol
I have till the end of May to finish all 7
Good to see you posting

Wendy said...

Your new scrap quilt looks stunning and I like the plaid border. Scrap quilt are the most interesting to me.

Jeanne said...

Great scrappy quilt! I have that blue flowered fabric in your first picture still sitting on my shelf. *s*

Patty said...

I love that quilt, just looks like something perfect to snuggle up with