Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Quick n' Easy

For me, plaids can be a bit tricky. This was a challenge to myself to work only in plaids and simplify. No playing with 387 colors in this one. No sirreee. Of course, one 4-patch had to have a different blue. Why, well because I ran out of the other one.

Yes, the 4-patches are made with 2" squares and trimmed down to 3-1/4" blocks. The alternate brown plaid block cut at 3-1/4". Then the alternate B block cut to match accordingly. Again, that pesky rule, "make B block last." B block of course being the one with the least pieces.

I think it will make a lovely table topper when my furniture finally comes out of storage. Don't forget to share a picture if you make one.

Until then, keep stitchin' . . . .

8 comments:

Leslie said...

How FUN! It reminds me of denim jeans and western work shirts. Thanks for the inspiration...

Susan Tidwell said...

You are right, I like it! Small enough to possibly be accomplished! So when are you moving?

Hedgehog said...

I love the combination of plain blue and plaids - check out the bear paws I just posted. There's a second one with the same fabrics in the works, too. Thanks for sharing this one!

Quilts And Pieces said...

I love the plaids and the simplicity of the colors!

Unknown said...

I have just discovered your blog through Nadine and you have one more fan now!
The plaid quilt looks good. Very Automny and country. I am curious to see how you plan to quilt it.
Take care.

Anonymous said...

So simple, and yet soooo beautiful ! I just LOVE it and will certainly have a try...
THANKS, San !

Hugs & smiles !
NADINE

Anonymous said...

I love the colors and the irish chain/fourpatch..very inspiring!!

Jeanne said...

An easy pattern and it makes such a wonderful quilt! Thanks for sharing.