

Thank goodness for pretty days. And clothes lines. And an actual vacation day that allows me time out to take pictures.
This idea was originally seen in a catalog long ago. Of course, I made up my own version. The 16-patch squares were made using 1-3/4" strips in the strip piecing method. The half square triangles made to match the size of the 16-patch block. Remember that rule, "Always Make Block B After You Know What Size Block A Is! "
Not that I always follow it. However, when I do, things generally come out right!
Until then, keep stitchin' . . . . .
14 comments:
Great quilt San! So those are really 5" blocks? That is pretty little. It really is wonderful.
Beautiful! I love what you can do with 4 patches (or 16 patches) and half square triangles. two of my favorite blocks to use together.
Such a cute quilt! Mel from Covered Porches said to me once "every quilt needs a little plaid", and see, she's right!
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)
Great rule - LOL - and beautiful quilt! Well done!
Just one word : BEAUTIFUL !
Hugs & smiles,
NADINE
OOhhh this is so beautiful!! a true scrapquilt. I add this on my list! I love it
Oh, I like this one! What a fun look it has!
Love this one. So nuch colour!
So many fabrics, what a nice scrap quilt. I started this pattern about a while back, but it has been sitting for years, maybe I should pull it out and finish it.
Such a wonderful quilt! Scrap quilts are my favorite and this one has lots of fabrics in it. Great finish!
Love the 16 patches, it looks like it was a lot of fun to make, and it certainly turned out great!
I'm catching up with your photos! You've sure shown some beauts! It was fun to look and see what scraps are in my stash too..*LOL* we gravitate towards the same things!
Bonnie
Oh my goodness I will have to make this square in a square with 16 patches - I have a ton of hsts left over from ever color I've done so far for the depresson block quilts I'm doing this winter ( 6 colors to go of 16) and a billions 2 1/2" squares so my blocks will be bigger or 9 patches but still what a great idea thanks- any special name for the quilt??
Thanks for stopping by my blog :)
whooo this is gorgeous i loved looking at this very inspirational
Post a Comment