




Before the rain started on Monday (YEAH, IT'S RAINING!!!), Bonnie and I took a little side trip to the Hiawassee catch basin area. Amazingly, and I don't know why, this is one of the few lakes in the area whose water level is not down a few feet.
Notice how well the Princess Puppy blends in with the fall colors. She was keeping me company while I hung out quilts.
Including the newly washed Chinese Coins. This project was an experiment I started way back about 1998. I had some low thread count muslin which I cut in to strips and then proceeded to sew the "ribbons" on to it. When I first put this quilt together, it bowed to one side like the proverbial flag. I took it all apart, read some directions in one of my books (isn't it amazing what you learn when you read the instructions?), and assembled it by first sewing 2 units in the downward direction, then reversing and sewing 4 units in the upward direction. And guess what, it actually worked. Imagine that!
Until then, keep stitchin' . . . . .
7 comments:
Beautiful reflection picture! Yes, thank goodness for the rain.
Classy quilt... reminds me of Gees Bend quilts. Love the pup.
They are defintiely the best 'Quilter's helpers'. *S*. I'm constantly amazed when I see muslin and scraps turn into something of such great value that could keep someone warm at night...
Great post...
Breathtaking photos of the lake and a lovely doggy picture. Great quilt:)
Love the coins quilt AND the fall colors.
I found if I pin each section and sew with my sashing strip on the bottom my coins quilts come out nicely. My longarm table has come in handy for all the pinning.
Love the coins quilt! I"m really liking those. And is that your doggie? He is so cute, but I thought it was a fox at first quick glance!
Pretty dog, and great photos. Gosh, the things you don't think of (re the coins quilt, which is gorgeous by the way).
Again this quilt is beautiful!! Lovely pictures also :-)
Post a Comment