Besides, they were having a sale . . . . on fat quarters, (well okay, some fat quarters). And who can resist this pomegranite color. It is the most lucious color I've seen in ages. Now if only Dawn would drop by and show me what pattern I can use it in. She'll have just the right idea I know. (I'll even make cookies Dawn!)
To top it all off, my new Vintage Quilts magazines came in. (These are older issues, but currently still available.) Inside are many lovely old quilts, but one in particular caught my attention. It's difficult to see in the magazine I know, but it's a Pennsylvania Dutch double Irish chain variation. I took along my school bus orange and Civil War green in order to find the perfect red. I mean PERFECT. It's sooo wonderful, I want to order a bolt of it. Well a gal can dream can't she? (It shows up very dark so you'll have to trust me.)
Not to worry, Big Blue has to get done first. Has anybody seen my box of time?


To top it all off, my new Vintage Quilts magazines came in. (These are older issues, but currently still available.) Inside are many lovely old quilts, but one in particular caught my attention. It's difficult to see in the magazine I know, but it's a Pennsylvania Dutch double Irish chain variation. I took along my school bus orange and Civil War green in order to find the perfect red. I mean PERFECT. It's sooo wonderful, I want to order a bolt of it. Well a gal can dream can't she? (It shows up very dark so you'll have to trust me.)Not to worry, Big Blue has to get done first. Has anybody seen my box of time?



7 comments:
OMG, I trust you : I clicked on the photo and could immediately imagine how wonderful a quilt this will be ! (and the red is PERFECT!). I've got some issue of Mc Call's Vintage Quilts, but know I feel I HAVE TO order some more..... HeeHee
Hugs & smiles,
NADINE
I love that magazine, it's among my favourites. The fabrics you've showed are just scrummy too!
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)
Gorgeous fabrics, I love all coral-toned reds. The pattern will be perfect. Great photos!
Oh you might not want me to come over - I'd steal all your new finds! MMMmmmm! Yup - I love those!
How did you like Blue Ridge? That is where I grew up, mostly. The quilt shop there is where I got this fabric for my dutch dolls. It looks like you had a great shopping trip, looking forward to seeing what these fabrics turn into. Did you find that box of time? Maybe it is in the basement...
OK-- Totally jealous of the shopping trip. I love pomegrante fabric. I can just picture the quilt made with it...
O Ohh Can't wait to see your start on Dutch treat!!! My favourite fabrics with a beautiful pattern. maybe I have to make this too!!!
Post a Comment