Monday, September 17, 2007

The Well-Traveled Pineapple

In 1989, Nancy Smith and Lynda Milligan came out with the book Pineapple Passion. It was a huge success.
In the early 1990's I was going through a "use every fabric in the stack" phase and simply "had" to make this quilt. I remember that it took me 3 weeks just to cut out the pieces.
Finally, ahem, FINALLY, this summer I was able to put the borders on! We can only hope that I can get it quilted before I have to move again, as I still love it just as much as when I first started it.
If you have scraps . . . . old scraps, new scraps, red scraps, blue scraps, then this is the quilt for you.

6 comments:

Knot Garden said...

Looks beautiful, and a gorgeous photo.

Paula, the quilter said...

I like the movement of a pineapple quilt. And your artistic placement of the leaves is great!

Jeanne said...

Wonderful quilt! Some quilts take more time, but are definitely worth it in the end.

Quilts And Pieces said...

Someday!!!

Melanie said...

I bet there's a lot of memories in those scraps.

Kim said...

What a pretty quilt. Bravo on the finish! I have that book - I might have to make one, but so many things on my "one day list" . I hope I live long enough to make them all-vbg- But some where I do have a pp pattern for the block I did in EQ.....