The question of the ages: Why finish an old project when it's much more fun to begin a new one?Actually, this quilt has been on my mind for about 3 years now. I forget where I saw the original pattern.
If I were ever kidnapped and forced to eat hot fudge sundaes by a panel of quilt judges who demanded to know what my favorite color was, I guess I would have to say blue.
Every single one. Sky blue, robbin's egg blue, midnight blue, peacock blue, ocean blue . . . . . . Well, you get the idea.
Problem is, I cannot work with 1 or 2 or even 3 fabrics. Oh no, 300 is more my style.

And this is just the beginning. I've been trimming 2-1/2" squares from every single one of my blues. All told, I'll need 540 pieces of blue and 540 of white.
Do you think that by the time it's done, I'll be tired of blue? It's doubtful, after all it's timeless.
9 comments:
This will be a classic-- can't believe you haven't completed it. I can think of a millions places to use this quilt, a million holidays to decorate around it and a millions naps that could be taken and kept warm under this.... Get busy... It's great...
Ah, blue and white. A wonderful color combo. Finish it girl!
It's beautiful now and will be gorgeous when it's finished! I'm looking forward to seeing it finished!
Wow, all those blues look spectacular. When this is finished it will be a quilt you could use anywhere.
I dunno - if you had all those blues in your stash I'd have to say the odds of you "getting over it" are pretty slim!! It's going to be so eyecatching!
BTW - You've been tagged!
http://pieces-of-time.blogspot.com/
I love this and it's not only because I am a blue person too. I will post a pic of my scrappy blues in progress tomorrow. And 300 is not too many!!!
Wow! From one blue lover to another, thass cool!
Wow you have patience! It is looking wonderful!
Post a Comment