Sunday, September 23, 2007

Celebrate Fall

The book, "Colorsplash, Trip Around The World" came out around 1995. Rarely do I follow instructions in a book simply because I generally work in a smaller scale. And okay, yes, following someone else's instructions is simply not in my nature. I tend to make up my own method as I go along. Nevertheless, their technique for speed piecing proved to be the exception.

For such a thin volume (just 21 pages) it holds a wealth of information on creating 8 different size quilts.

I really don't know how many quilts I've made using this pattern since some were sold. I'm glad I decided to keep this one though, as it remains a favorite of mine.

6 comments:

YankeeQuilter said...

Beautiful fall quilt. I had that book in my library at one point. Think it may have gone into storage....

Jeanne said...

It is a beautiful quilt! The fabrics and colors portray fall very nicely.

Susan Tidwell said...

It is beautiful! I like that it is not the usual browns and oranges of the fall quilts, I really like the dark reds. Thanks for sharing!

Melanie said...

As pretty as the fall leaves themselves...Great job...Selling a quilt... how do you keep the emotional attachments away and tell yourself ,"it's strictly business--- I'm not going to fall in love with this one..."

Susie said...

Wow, that is an awesome quilt! Fall is my favorite season and I have many fall quilts and wallhhangings. This one is beauuuuutiful!

The Calico Cat said...

Ahh it is begining to feel/look like winter & I get yet another reminder about my fall UFO. :o)