Friday, January 8, 2016

Yeah, progress!

 Two more bindings were begun last evening.
 This small Amish project goes back about 9 years.
 Darker squares border the 25-patch simply because I ran out of the Marcus light blue print.  But hey, I like it!


Details make the difference.  The blue rose square is from around 1978, but the fabric may be older. I recall cutting out a long skirt, which never got done.  Do you remember those knee-length skirts with single and double ruffled hems?  They were so fun and frilly.
"The Stack" is getting taller!  It's almost time to set up my old lap top so I can watch Downton.

Until then, keep stitchin . . .

3 comments:

Mama Joan said...

Where do you watch Downton on your computer?

Quilttiger said...

Love that 25-patch quilt! Like the idea of darker squares as the border, too.

Jennifer D said...

Beautiful quilts. I am saving up Downton so I can binge watch!