an entire 12 hours is devoted to quilting.
Of course, now my right arm hurts since my sewing table is about 3 inches too high.
And the pup really would rather be out riding around doing errands.
But that can wait, I'm 3/4 of the way done - woo hooo !
Major cleaning continues and I have hung up some new quilts for the New Year. You may recall I completed this string quilt about 7 years ago.
Until then, keep stitchin' . . .




9 comments:
I love scrap quilts. Those are both patterns I would make.
12 hours of quilting! How nice to have the day to do something you clearly love.
Wow! 12 hours of quilting. I can understand why your arm is sore.
Love that 25 patch. Abd that gray is perfect. Happy New Year!
Your 25-patch quilt is gorgeous. It love the small bright squares against the restful grey blocks.
Nancy (ndmessier@aol.com, joyforgrace.blogspot.com)
Love that quilt. Is the plain blok color gray, taupe, green? Mw
A whole day to quilt! How wonderful. Except for the soreness afterwards. :-( As a young wife/mother on a pinched budget mannny years ago, I had a little corner of the basement for my sewing. My chair was very low and the table was very high. Sewing machine bed was above shoulder height! Yeah! I made all of our clothing/household goods. Never got a pain. Ah, youth. Invincible. Now, I need to get up and walk around about every half hour --even with my special chair and recessed machine at an ergonomically correct height. :-P Beautiful quilts. Keep up the good work. Happy New Year!
Love your new quilt! If you have an ergonomic or office chair, can you raise the seat up? If it is not possible, try putting your chair on a few layers of interlocking floor mats. If this causes your sewing foot to hang loose, then put your pedal on a little platform of its own. I did this with an old printer stand. It was slanted a bit, just perfect for my short legs, ha.
love the colors! glad you enjoyed the day :)
Post a Comment