Have you tried it? The speed 9-patch method? Surely I'm the only one late in joining this parade.
There are several tutorials, I found a good one here.
To test, I pulled out some pre-cut 5-inch squares, which turned into 4-inch 9-patches. Cute, but rather small.
So I pulled some colors to process 6" squares.
For a 9-patch that will be similar to these colors, but brighter.
This bar quilt is from Country Threads. Of course I want to make one of these also.
Sigh, sew many quilts, sew little time.
Until then, keep stitchin' . . .



5 comments:
Thanks for sharing! I am going to make some of these very soon. HUGS... and stitches
I dislike correcting people, but you are wrong. You are the next-to-the-last ant to the picnic. I had never seen that before! Amazing! Great for small 9-patches.
I agree with you about not having enough time to sew it all! Also, I did not know about the nine patch quicky method. I am in the same boat as Mama Joan. I would like to make the bar quilt, too!
What fun, I hadn't seen this technique before. Thanks!
That is a great tutorial. I use that method for a four patch block but I never make 9 patch blocks because they are so fiddly. So now I think I will! Thanks for the link.
Post a Comment