Thursday, June 18, 2015

New project.

 Before I forget to ask, can anyone name this flower.  It grows at the edge of my south 40 and the butterflies seem to like it.
Last night, despite the lateness of the hour, I decided to sew.  Yes, that should make the morning's headlines, shouldn't it!  LOL

It's an idea from Marcie Patch's pinterest site.  I had the triangles in a box, and could find them immediately thanks to the major renovation reorganization project.

The trick is to get one cheddar unit in the middle of each block.  And of course to coordinate colors.  Something I had a bit of difficulty with.

Stay tuned for the final episode.

 Until then, keep stitchin' . . .  

5 comments:

Winding Ways said...

Looks like pleurisy root.

Paula, the quilter said...

Asclepias tuberosa (Butterfly Weed)

Asclepias tuberosa is a species of milkweed native to eastern North America. It is a perennial plant growing to 0.3–1 metre tall, with clustered orange or yellow flowers from early summer to early fall. Wikipedia
Scientific name: Asclepias tuberosa
Higher classification: Asclepias
Rank: Species

CountryMum said...

No idea about the flower but it is very vibrant.

Lou Brackett said...

Don't try to transplant the butterfly weed. It has a long taproot that doesn't move well, so just enjoy it where it's growing.

Purple Pam said...

Do not know the flower, but I cannot wait to see the finished quilt.