Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Boring Tuesday Farm Report

I've decided to take photos of the garden on Tuesdays in order to document pumpkin growth.  This is primarily so I can adjust garden work as needed next year.
 This particular seed volunteered and stayed in place.  All of the other volunteers were moved to new sites.  It is by far the tallest and measures 13" after our big rainstorm last night.
 Just ignore the weeds, this is 9 loads of manure after all.
 I'm fairly sure this volunteer, which is located at the end of the garden, is a pumpkin.  It currently measures about 11 inches high.

If anyone knows how long it takes for pumpkins at this stage to start blooming, I'd love to know.

I also planted more seeds on Sunday, including pumpkin, watermelon, and many types of flowers.

All of the volunteers are from the ones I grew last year and left in the compost pile.

Until then, keep stitchin' . . .

No comments: