Sunday, June 28, 2015

Busy borders can be fun.

Only a small piece of the red flowered print could be found in the stash.

I accidentally cut one strip at 2", not 2-1/2, so that piece went on each long side.

Inner sashing, top and bottom pieces, cut 2-1/2" wide.  Gold squares, 2-1/2".

Triangle units began as 3-1/2" squares, sewn on each side of diagonal center line.  Then trimmed to 2-1/2".

The same gold print will be used for the binding.

It's such a festive piece, perhaps I can get it done for Xmas.

Thank you Marcie, for including this idea in your Pinterest site for Little Quilties!

Until then, keep stitchin' . . .

2 comments:

Quilttiger said...

What a cute design...and the gold binding will be just perfect for it!

Carolyn said...

San, this is a darling quilt. I need to start working small, seeing as how I never finish anything big anymore! I just love it!