Tuesday, December 17, 2013

It's in the mail before Christmas, and that in itself is a miracle.

A gift to someone very special who lives far away.


Made by sewing up crumb blocks and trimming to 6-1/2"

Then framing with light and dark combo of 2-1/2" squares.  All scrappy wildness.

Sashing is left over 2-1/2" strips of muslin.  Batting is 80%/20% and stippled with great abandon after spray basting on the front porch to avoid hazardous fumes.

The recipient simply adores the American flag and so I pieced the backing with a patriotic flare.

For a variety of reasons, this is the only Christmas decorating I'm doing this year.  No tree, no lights, no roasting of chestnuts.  I decided in August to keep things very simple this year so I can focus on getting some other things accomplished. 

Playing with photoshop, Jeremiah almost disappears.  Soon he'll be going to a new home along with 2 other bunnies.  Just sharing the furry goodness of Flemish bunz. 

Until then, keep stitchin' . . .

4 comments:

Mayleen said...

Your Christmas decoration, the red and green quilt, is beautiful! Not a lot of decorating going on at my house either.

Carol said...

Your friend will love the quilt! It's wonderful! Merry Christmas you you, Dolly and the Bunz!

Paula, the quilter said...

I have been working toward a 'no tree' scenario for years. I just don't think it will happen, tho. Why is it that the one person who drags the tree out, sets it up, decorates it, and then does it all in reverse is always voted down when it comes to voicing her opinion? Maybe next year, I'll let it go and not put up the tree at all. Maybe I need to make a Very Christmasy quilt instead since I will soon have a very good place to hang it (my present to myself is a Quilt Hanging System.)

Melanie said...

Just catching up...Love that red piece. Awesome bunny pic too. There was a lot of love---and work --in that quilted piece. Bet they loved it.