Saturday, June 15, 2013

Do you remember the movie, "The Pod People?"

 It came out in the late 60's, early 70's I guess.  Had something to do with giant pea pods with alien zombies taking over the world.  Whenever a human being fell asleep, their body would become an alien.  Yeah, I know really tame compared to today's sci-fi thrillers..

This is Thimbell, she's not an alien.  Just hard to get a picture of, as she runs loose in the yard.


This is the alien that has taken over my life.  What you see here is almost the half-way point.  It will contain 3,174 pieces or thereabouts when I'm done.  

But that's not the hard part.  The hard part is finding enough large scale prints AND balancing the colors.

I've declared today, my national sewing day.  I've fed the furry ones, started the wash, made the bed, and did the dishes.  Now it's time to get this baby finished!!!

Feel free to declare your own National Sewing Day!

Until then, keep stitchin' . . .

6 comments:

Mama Joan said...

Thumby is so cute!

What size unfinished squares are you using? If you send me the size and your mailing address, I'll send you some.

Carol said...

It's very wonderful...

Mayleen said...

That's going to be a wonderful quilt! By the way, most Wednesdays are National Sewing Days for me, LOL!

Purple Pam said...

What a great quilt! I love all the bright colors.

Glad you have a new camera to play with. Dolly is such a fun subject, isn't she?

Susan Tidwell said...

Love it! So many pieces!

Melanie said...

I so did not know about National Sewing Day--- should be a weekly event;)