This is alongside the main road into town.
I spoke with a Wal-Mart employee on Sunday who had been in the store when it came through. She said it sounded like a freight train and of course she was scared as all power was out. They locked the doors and moved everyone to the back of the building.
As I drove around town on Sunday looking at the various used car lots, gas stations, stacks of firewood for sale, I thought how much worse it could have been with all kinds of debris flying through the air not to mention the fact that houses are much closer together in town.
So all in all we were quite lucky. I live several miles outside of town and never lost power.
Very lucky indeed.
Until then, keep stitchin' . . .
9 comments:
So happy to hear your town was touched so lightly. It sure was a lot worse other places, one town in Indiana flattened and other is Illonois almost completely leveled. Sure was a hateful weather day! The news broadcast said over 80 tornados sighted that day. Glad you are safe and sound. Hugs, Finn
Thank goodness you and Dolly are OK...that's way too close
I'm so thankful that you and Dolly are safe! Living in Kansas has made me respect the power of tornado and head to the basement whenever the sirens go off. Take care and I hope your area is able to recuperate and heal quickly.
Glad you are okay.
glad your safe, oh this was just so sad to see all the damage from the tornados on the news....
Kathie
So thankful you and Dolly are fine--- Life can change in an instant--- Have an awesome Wednesday...Counting our blessings...
So happy to hear you are both ok...I pray we don't have another spring like last year!
Glad to hear you are okay. Sorry about all the damage to the town, but the pics were kind of cool to see where you live.
Thank goodness you and Dolly were not hurt. Also glad your home and property did not sustain any damage. Thanks for letting us know you are both okay.
Post a Comment