Many thanks to all of you who have checked or continue to check on Dolly's well being. She's doing somewhat better, but still not eating as well as she should. I finally decided to try canned dog food and she liked the chunky chicken, but would only eat a little bit this morning. However, she did request a bite of my breakfast sausage.
We've been walking 2 to 3 miles a day in good weather and she's showing improvement insofar as not wanting to pull me into a tree, just the pond. So far, I've managed to avoid getting my feet wet.
Yesterday we rode over to Lake Chatuge, which is one of my favorite places. As we walked around the edge of the lake, the excitement of smelling so many woodsy critters overrode her senses and she was in doggy heaven.
Plans for her fence are underway, more to keep other critters out than to keep her in.
Thanks for being there.
9 comments:
I'm so glad she's doing better, I hope her appetite returns soon!
So glad Dolly is getting to be herself again. When Watson (Westie) got bit by a copperhead his first year we had to put him on canned food to get him to get also. Never could get him back to dry, oh well. When we first move to the lake 14 years ago and 2 westies previous, we sat on our deck the first morning watching a gentle rain. Up from the cliff an animal emerged and shook off the rain. I was holding one dog while my husband held the other. I looked over at him and whispered, "I don't think that is a dog". It wasn't. a fence went up the next week. We did a black chain length as it is not as abtrusive, you almost don't see it. But it does keep coyotes out, not racoons or oppossums. I've learned to get the dogs in around 9 if they're out, just in case. PattiO
Happy to hear that she is on the mend.
Glad she's got a Mom that doesn't give up!!!! The walks are bound to heal everyone's heart.....
Poor Dolly - it is a long road to recovery for her! Maybe her and I should be hanging out as I seem to be slow as well. Big hugs for her!
I'm so glad she's doing better...those walks are so good for her...we need her to feel safe again. Bless her heart!
I am so sorry to hear that Dolly had a 'run-in' with a not very friendly neighbor. Please keep us posted on her recovery and your legal aspects of the incident. Dolly is a beautiful friend.
So glad Dolly is improving. Too bad you must build a fence to protect her.
Glad she doing okay - hope she starts eating normally again. Such a beautiful baby ;-)
When it is warm you will like going into the pond ... maybe???
Post a Comment