Friday, March 5, 2010

The Ladder Project

Orchard ladders are made to fit snugly against the tree, thus the taper at the top. This one is made of 2 sections that interlock in the middle. When assembled it stands 12 feet high.
My lucky find came from the thrift shop for $8.00 after looking for about 3 months. The quilts, now they took a bit longer and date back to 1986. Yup, some projects are definitely worth waiting for.

Until then, keep stitchin' . . .

9 comments:

Cheryl Willis said...

looks good, I have considered similar to display some of mine but haven't 'found' what I want. Good for you for keeping up the search. cw

Pam said...

Hi San

What a great find! Perfect for that big high ceiling that you have.

Sherrill said...

You found that cool ladder at a thrift shop? AND FOR ONLY $8.00?!!! InCREDIBLE! Looks really nice, too! Can't beat that with a stick! lol

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh man! I've always wanted one - and to find one for $8 - what a find! It is gorgeous!

Melanie said...

looks awesome... I'vw said it before---that house was made for you....

Anonymous said...

What a great find!!

Anonymous said...

That is so cool.... :)

YankeeQuilter said...

I love how those ladders look with all the quilts on them! Good job!

Carolyn said...

Fabulous! I love your new home and your decorating...you are so lucky!