Basically a 9-patch variation, Block A contains 3 red squares in the middle and Block B 3 white squares.
Border is simply same size squares on point.
If you pull out your book, "It's Okay If You Sit On My Quilt", you'll find a host of wonderful ideas. Thank goodness for Mary Ellen Hopkins, another quilting pioneer who blazed new trails for us all.
Until then, keep stitchin' . . .
7 comments:
I love her "PPM" theory. Her's were some of the first books I read as a new quilter.
I agree, MEH is wonderful! I took a color theory class from her about 15 years ago at the Mid-Atlantic Quilt Show. I made the decision on a whim and didn't know her or what to expect from the class. It is in the top 3 of classes that I have taken in my life. I walked out of there with my head FULL of new information and perspective. She was a phenomenal teacher too. I need to get that book back out again!
Your quilt is beautiful too! I love red and white quilts.
Wonderful two color quilt and MEH is a fantastic teacher and author. I refer to her "it's OK IF You Sit On My Quilt" book often for ideas for my scraps.
I love two color quilts...especially red and white! What a great quilt!
Love it! You can never go wrong with Mary Ellen.
That is a great book...love how this one looks in two colors.
Oh Yummy!!!!! I have that book. I should pull it out again someday!
Post a Comment