I've decided that this is the year I learn to applique. . . . something. And if I could just get those leaf edge points to come out flat and pointy, I'd be happy. Truly.Of course, actually being able to find anything in my studio right now would make me happy too. Nope, I can't even find the floor. Why? Well, it's covered in boxes and bins of, you guessed it, fabric.
Luckily, since I'm never moving again (EVER EVER EVER!!!) there's plenty of time to use it up. One itsy bitsy leaf at a time.
Wishing you and yours a Happy, Healthy, Prosperous New Year. Until then, keep stitchin' . . .
Photo compliments of the Quilt Study Center
8 comments:
You will love applique! Doesn't do much for stash busting though! Have a great New Year!
Applique is a lot of fun. You might want to start off with an easier project then a Baltimore album. LOL. There are many books and a few good DVDs. I have the piece of cake and the Elly applique DVDs. They might be helpful or a class. Looking forward to seeing your applique projects.
I had my New Year's Resolutions all figured out, then you mentioned a clean studio. OH, THE GUILT!!!!!
Happy New Year!
I love reading this! Congrats for the decision, San.
Applique is fun! I suggest hearts. Once you have a heart mastered, you can do anything. A heart has a point, straight edges, curves and an inner point. You go girl!
You might think about something smaller to start with! That sure is beautiful tho, isn't it!
Happy New Year San!
Applique can be very relaxing, lol - really it can be. Remember that saying, practice makes perfect :). I'm still mastering that. Eventually it will all get put away - and since your never moving again (like me) you won't have to worry about it ever.
Happy New Year - Karen
Your goal is admirable. But I agree that starting out with a Baltimore Album quilt might be a bit daunting. I must admit, however, but starting out with a Baltimore Album quilt was what I did. It is still in progress some 15 years later. But I still love it. Go for it, girl!
Post a Comment