"LET'S BRING JOBS BACK TO AMERICA" by refusing adamantly, profusely, and succinctly, to talk with a service person outside of the United States.
Just so you know, I had to ask the Verizon operator THREE TIMES to put me through to someone speaking American English. I finally got the manager who could barely do so. Next time I will stay on the line until I'm speaking to an American.
I've found that the best way to do this is to keep repeating the phrase, "I need to speak to an American in the United States." Don't say anything else, just that phrase, until finally, you do.
Ok, I'm getting off of my soapbox now. I feel better. Thanks for listening.
God Bless America!
8 comments:
I hear your frustration and stand proudly as an American by your side on this one! There is nothing more irritating!!
Welcome to the COWs (cranky old ladies~although you may not actually qualify!) I soooo agree with you about the outsourced call centers in India or wherever. I also hate having to listen to a long spiel that is simply an advertisement before I even get to the part about selecting #1 for English when I call one of those automated things. Sheesh...
I hear you! I went through the samething a few years ago when I got my new printer. Had problems getting it to work with Vista. Called the number and it put me through to some country that I had never heard of and I could not understand a thing. I kept asking for someonet that I could understand, but that did not work. I ended up taking the printer back and getting a different one! :)
Have a great day
Kristie
I totally agree with you San. I am sure there are millions of completely competent Americans that can do the job just as well - and can be understood - that need the jobs and should have the jobs..... there's my two bits.
AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm with you! Where do I sign up? 8-))) I promise to do this.
Totally agree!
Amen Sister!
Post a Comment