Friday, November 7, 2008

Warp speed or weft?

I've been trying to set up my pinning table since July. As usual, I'm running at weft speed. I'll be attempting to quilt this using the baptist fan pattern. It's one of the more difficult ones in machine quilting, but I wanted a specific all-over design, something to soften the straight lines of color. Wish me luck!

Until then, keep stitchin' . . . .

7 comments:

Elaine Adair said...

I am the first commenter, wishing you luck.

This will be a truly wonderful, scrappy, and stash-busting quilt when it's done! I cannot wait to see it!!! It appears that all your strips are almost the same size, and VERY NARROW?

sewprimitive karen said...

Oh, your room is so pretty, especially with your pinning table there.

Susan Tidwell said...

Beautiful quilt, it looks very cozy! I don't see how you could get any faster, with all you get accomplished. But if you are worried about speed, perhaps it is time to call down to the engine room and say "Warp Speed, Scotty!"

Melanie said...

Have fun quilting this weekend. WIll type more later. Great quilts in the photo....the hourglass???? quilt on the wall is a real eye catcher....

Brenda said...

Beautiful quilt; have a great time quilting it.

Idaho Quilter said...

Now that sounds like a difficult task, baptist fans on the machine. If anyone can do it you can.

Tazzie said...

Have fun with your quilting, I'm sure you'll do wonderful things. I love the hourglass quilt on the wall, it looks so pretty.
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)